Wednesday 4 September 2013

 Okay so I'm starting in June, is that bad? Oh well I wanted to update everyone on what's been happening. In June we went to the Calgary Zoo and Drumheller with our awesome friends! We took my parents van so we could all travel together and it was a blast. Crazy? Yes, but as the song goes "we don't even have to try, it's always a good time." I think it's Katy Perry or some other girl singer.

 This is Brittney and I, still smiling after 2 days with 7 kids.

Dinosaurs are always cool. They all loved them, and loved to run from room to room. There wasn't really time for us to read about the dinosaurs, just look and move on. That's what happens with kids I guess.
I thought this was a pretty sweet grass stain on my soccer socks. You can see me shin pad outline pretty good. Soccer was fun this year and I met some pretty awesome chicks.

My parents build their new fence this summer and the boys loved to help. They really felt like "big" boys. Cole love using the hammer and Owen loved being "strong".
 One of the last kids lunches together with our friends before they left for Mississippi. I love these kids.
Owen and Cole playing nicely together. Only happens occasionally so I had to document it.
We ended up getting a trampoline from some friends who were moving across Canada. The kids love it and one morning while it was still crisp outside the boys wanted to jump on the trampoline, but they ended up just huddling in their sweaters.
My family had a Korean exchange student that lived with us for quite a few years, but then she ended up going back to Korea. Well she came to visit and we loved it. Here we are at the Fringe.

 We went to Crankpots with Ji-Ang and of course she made this monkey look so cute. She is super talented with artsy stuff.
Just last week I went to Fort Edmonton Park with Kali and her kids. It was a long day and the kids loved it. They were all actually surprisingly happy most of the time. Owen didn't complain that much about walking, which he normally does, so that was nice.
 Oh by the way, we bought the house we've been renting for the past 2 years. And first on the agenda was PAINT.
I was hoping the color would be more grey, but I still love it. And the door is RED!
What a great husband I have, he bought all the paint and had all the supplies ready and told me how to paint. I think I'm pretty OKAY now. Haha.
We started out the Saturday with the kids helping us prep the house, which was really great of them to want to help, but kinda hard. So my amazing mom came and took them away for the day and Jay and I got down to business and painted the whole day long. I told Jay he could call me his young Padawan learner and I would call him Master Yoda. He then explained I could just call him Master. I was fine with that cause he is the Master at painting. He taught me so much about all the painting tricks.
1st Annual Olsen Cousin Carnival was a success. The boy in the middle was an honorary member of the cousins for the day. (just in case some of you were wondering who he was)
Lawn bowling.
Bean bag toss.
The best part for the kids was Amy and Tyler running the Fishing Pond. The prizes were awesome and they loved every second.
The princesses looking dashing as usual.
Owen and Jackson got paired up for three-legged races. They didn't last very long. But really funny to watch.
 Ready to try it out.
 The whole gang minus Sarah and Eric's kids. Boo!
Also it was a going away party for Ji-Ang. The next day she went back to Korea. We love her so much.
Brody grade 2, Jenna grade 3. First day was easy peasy!
Cole and Owen saying good-bye.
Brody found a bag of fishy crackers on his desk and the note with them said "you are O Fish ally a Grade 2er". His teacher was Jenna's teacher last year so he's happy about that.

Jenna excited to be at school again and see her friends. Her class has 34 kids in it. Is that even allowed?
We celebrated buying our house by going out to eat. Our server brought us a surprise dessert after she heard why we were celebrating. Very nice of her and yes I think she got a better tip for that.

Done, caught up and feeling good.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post!! I loved all the pictures and descriptions. Love the house color! I want pictures of the red door... You're family is so great and you always do fun things. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete