Thursday 8 May 2014

Hello

Why am I so bad at writing on my blog?
It's not that I don't have things to say, but maybe it's because I always want to put pictures up here, but I never download any from my phone onto my computer so I have nothing to post. I'm all about pictures so assume others are too, why would you want just writing without any pictures? 
Oh well, I guess I will resign myself to the fact that no pictures for now its okay. Just kidding, it's not okay, here are the pics.
 Went to the formally "Kinsmen park" now Kinpark with lots of bears. I'm pretty sure Jenna and Brody are trying to be the bear.
 Owen hard at work!
 Going crazy with the little boys.
Windy cold day at the park, but cute kids! Laurenne is Lyndsey's littlest.
 Kids pitching in the help build my planters.
 Jay being a good dad and being patient with the kids wanting to help.
Almost done....
Now we just need to plant stuff. Also cedar smells so good after the rain (just a side note).
Almost ready for a baby....
Brody getting a brain freeze eating DQ too fast.


The kids lately:
Jenna is such a sweet girl, but also very stubborn (which can be very good or very bad). I'm glad that she won't be easily swayed by others, but it's also hard to get her to do something she really doesn't want to do (even it's good for her). She ran for class counselor at school and won. She looked so grown up giving her speech, I almost shed a tear. She is starting to really have some good close friends that could last for a very long time and they are such nice girls.
Brody is a very social guy and it surprises me every time I see him at school at how many people know him. Especially the older kids, they will often say hi to Brody first and that puts a smile on his face. He's always been very friendly and isn't afraid to associate with older kids and play with them. He starting to get the hang of the piano, even though practicing is not his favorite thing right now. He figured out how to land a back flip on the trampoline. What a fearless little guy!
Owen is really growing up and I've especially noticed that in the last few months. He is starting to really want to help out and take care of Cole and help him with things. I think he is starting to feel proud of himself when he is able to take on a more grown up role around the house. I so thankful for this at this stage because I will need all of his help when this new baby comes. Owen has become obsessed with riding his "two wheeler" as he refers to his bike. He wants to ride it everywhere and anywhere and he's pretty good at it too. He just started this year without his training wheels and he's awesome! Well he's awesome at whatever he tries that is athletic, he is a very coordinated little guy.
Cole is such a little snugly guy. He loves being close to me and giving me hugs and kisses. I really appreciate this most days, but sometimes his closeness is a little overwhelming. He has sat on my tummy multiple times and I've cringed in pain, I know he wants to be close to me but my growing tummy just doesn't allow it sometimes. He is also getting into a phase of tantrums and angry outbursts. Yes I know patience is a virtue, one I must hone and try everyday to develop. On the flip side he is a totally different person when he's around babies, he is lovey and so soft and kind and gentle. So that's good new for our baby.

We're all just waiting for a baby to arrive. It's pretty much torture, however I know it will all be worth it to hold a soft little bundle sent from heaven soon.


 

2 comments: