Wednesday 23 March 2016

Diet Time

Well, do I have the diet for you!
It's called "The Starve yourself" diet.
Yes, that's right, just don't eat anything and you will lose weight. I'm not sure the long-term affects of this or if you will gain all your weight back when you decide to eat again, but it's been working for me for now. 8 lbs lost so far.

Okay so literally I have not eaten for 8 days. Not because I chose to, but because I literally can't eat anything.

I had my tonsils out last tuesday and my throat has been "on fire" ever since. Would you want to eat with those giant sores in the back of your throat? I have been able to drink water and every other day I have an "Ensure" drink for breakfast. I have had the occasional milkshake or popsicle, but for the most part I actually don't feel like eating anyway because just swallowing is .

Well that is until hitting the 7 day mark. I'm craving everything! Easter is coming up and oh how desperately I want some gravy and mashed potatoes or ham or even apple pie with ice cream.

My throat is still pretty tender though and I'm mentally preparing myself for being around amazing food and not being able to eat any of it.

Also for anyone who is having to get their tonsils out as an adult, I would recommend that you get multiple prescriptions of T3's and book a hotel room for 2 weeks. This ensures you are sufficiently medicated and you have no other responsibilities. Hopefully by the end of your stay, you will be healed, have had adequate sleep, and have lost more than 10 lbs. That sounds pretty good to me.

Please consult with your doctor before beginning your "Starve yourself" Diet, or maybe don't do it unless you have to.

3 comments:

  1. yay!! I just read all the new blog posts you did this past month. It was fun?sad? to read about it all. Goodness, getting your tonsils out does NOT sound like fun, neither does your don't eat anything ever diet. Glad you're on the other side of things! I really enjoyed reading these. Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! I just read all the new blog posts you did this past month. It was fun?sad? to read about it all. Goodness, getting your tonsils out does NOT sound like fun, neither does your don't eat anything ever diet. Glad you're on the other side of things! I really enjoyed reading these. Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete